Your favorite screen capture tool just got a cool new feature along with several other enhancements, which we believe will elevate your experience with Voila. Voila 3.9 introduces iOS screen recording for video captures of your iPhone or iPad’s screen in crystal clear quality. In addition, this new update brings video captures via your Mac’s FaceTime camera as well as other supported external webcams. Voila 3.9 also sees several under-the-hood and subtle improvements that build upon Voila’s legacy.
We wanted to make sure that this new update exceeded all your expectations and we pulled out all stops to do so. We’ve been listening to what each and every one of you had to say and made sure that we looked into the smallest of niggles. One of the most highly requested features was if we could include iOS device recordings for instant video capture of the iPhone and iPad screen. After wrapping our heads around it, we set out to do it.
Now, screen recording of iOS devices is nothing new as this has been possible with QuickTime since last year. We wanted something to build upon simple recordings. Voila 3.9 brings in this feature and the possibilities are endless. With Voila’s take on iOS screen recording, you can now record videos and add your own voiceover! This makes it perfect for YouTubers, DIYers and those who need a solution where their iOS screen is under the limelight. Going further, Voila also beautifully curates your video recordings and files them properly for easy retrieval later. What’s more, you can share them with the world in no time!
To record, you simply need to hook your iOS device to the Mac with its cable and open Voila. Do note that you can only record an iPhone or iPad with a Lightning connector port as we wanted to ensure a certain quality during video captures. You will also need Yosemite on the Mac and iOS 8 on your iOS device. So go crazy and show off recordings of your gameplay to friends and co-workers!
Note ~ To record a device for the first time, simply connect the device to your Mac and activate it on iTunes. Next, disconnect & reconnect the device.
Moving on, Voila 3.9 adds the ability to record videos through the Mac’s FaceTime camera as well as supported external webcams. You also get a choice of sound input for adding brilliant commentary, sound bytes etc. for a kickass video! We’ve also gone ahead and made some changes to Voila’s UI and we believe these little modifications will make a positive impact when you work.
Another small change we’ve made is that you can now access ‘Object’ capture during ‘Selection’ captures by simply pressing the ‘Option’ key. This may come in handy for several of you people. Also, the Mac App Store version of Voila can now save captures directly from the cool ‘Voila Web Screenshot’ browser extension (this was already possible in the Webstore version). If you haven’t had a chance to play with this cool extension for Safari and Chrome yet, check it out!
Rounding up the changes in Voila 3.9 are measured improvements like support for the new Photos app, placement changes with respect to certain icons, SFTP server publishing enhancements and other small fixes that beef up Voila. The complete list changelog is as below:
- iOS Screen Recording using Voila – Video record the screen of an iOS 8 device on a Mac with OS X Yosemite.
- Voila can now record videos over the Mac’s FaceTime camera and other supported external webcams.
- The Object Capture option can now be accessed during selection captures by pressing the ‘Option’ key.
- Easily Export captures to the new Photos app from the Voila toolbar.
- The ‘Spray’ tool has been removed.
- SFTP authentication problems have been resolved.
- You can now quickly drag and drop of images from the image browser to the workbench.
- Direct sharing of captures from ‘Voila Web Screenshot’ browser extension to Voila (Mac App Store Version).
- UI enhancements to ‘Selection’, ‘Object’ capture and certain other elements.
- Photos can be exported to the new Photos app (Yosemite only)
- Several minor bugs fixes and enhancements to increase the overall polish of the app.
We’re always waiting to hear from you! Talk to us on Facebook and Twitter and we’ll be happy to help out. If Voila is alien to you, stop by its site for a free trial and be blown by its sheer power. Have a smashing Fourth of July!