Voila now officially supports the latest OS X Mavericks aka 10.9. This update contains a host of enhancements and improvements that elevate Voila’s functionality while tweaking user experience to make it more handy and responsive. Voila 3.6 brings several under-the-hood changes that bring about an overall sense of refinement to the way screens are captured, edited and shared, thus subtly bringing productivity in a more snappy and robust way. Voila takes advantage of the new features that OS X Mavericks brings and resolves previous incompatibilities that gave problems to early adopters. Hence, this version brings everything up-to-date along with much more.
Voila 3.6 has a smart unified search bar for webpage captures to find content faster and easier. So search for and enter URL’s in one place! In addition, Voila 3.6 is sandboxed for better protection and stability, without interfering in your work so that you have a complete peace of mind. This update also brings a new ‘Text’ tool, addition of bigger knob markers to the Capture and Object tools as well as a revamped export panel.
Voila is now localized to support German in addition to English and French. As many of our users hail from Germany, we thought it was only fair that they get access to a version that appeals more to them. With this release, Voila gets more international.
Enhancements and features added in this version:
- A revamped Text tool to make screenshots express themselves much better.
- Voila is now localized to support German.
- Voila 3.6 is now sandboxed.
- Addition of knobs to the Capture and Object tools for easy maneuverability.
- A re-tooled Export panel for videos on Macs running OS X 10.7 and above.
- In the webpage capture, find your captures faster with the unified search bar.
Performance and Quality improvements:
- A bug causing H.264 video record pixilation has been quashed.
- Improved handling of low disk space issues during a lengthy video recording.
- Renaming images will no longer render the thumbnail blank.
- Scenarios where files don’t get saved withcustom dimensions in ‘Save As’ has now been fixed.
- Zoom value and slider position for images will be remembered.
- Retention of tool properties has been added.
- Voila’s in-app web browser loads default Voila browser page instead of the last visited site.
- Addition of Zero px width value for Callouts and Shapes for those preferring thinner lines.
- External non-retina display connected to a MacBook Pro retina results in 2x bigger captures.
- A bug causing special characters to be non-functional in the Text tool has been fixed.
Improvements made for OS X 10.9:
- Voila doesn’t crash anymore when importing files into it.
- An issue related to taking captures using the menu bar has been rectified.
- Screen captures using an external display now works smoothly without problems.
- Shadow lines in description box and out-of-place slider during video playback is fixed.
Lets look at some of the main features in detail –
A revamped Text tool to make screenshots express themselves much better:
The new and improved ‘Text’ tool includes much more options to insert text. You now have more flexibility and can change the font, size, alignment and more.
Voila is now localized to support German:
To all our German aficionados, Voila now supports the German language so you can feel at ease and work comfortably, without any decrease in productivity.
Voila 3.6 is now sandboxed:
With increasing demand for security in recent years, Voila 3.6 (Mac App Store version) comes sandboxed so as to provide a protected and safe working environment.
Addition of knobs to the Capture and Object tools for easy maneuverability:
Get precise captures with redesigned border knobs so that you have razor sharp control over the dimensions to be captured. With easier and bigger markings, the results are finer and more pronounced.
A re-tooled Export panel for videos on Macs running OS X 10.7 and above:
An intuitive and simpler export panel now brings up options in a clean and uncluttered manner. Select from popular formats and save them the easy way, instantly.
In the webpage capture, find your captures faster with the unified search bar:
Voila 3.6 brings in a simplified search bar that acts as your universal destination for searching and entering website addresses. Now, instead of typing different content in different places, look no further than the unified bar.
With so many significant changes and new OS compatibilities, Voila 3.6 brings forth a level of usability and functionality like never before. To celebrate this update, we’re giving away Voila @ 33%! Get it now for only $19.99. Users of Voila 2.x and below can upgrade for $6.99 while this is a free update for 3.x users. Use it and let us know what you think!