Boom Volume Booster- A tip

April 20th, 2011

QuoteWith Boom, hearing results in “gotta have it”: Not only is the output level increased to the point of being usable for group presentations, but the quality improves as well! But even a great product can have hiccups, and I had one when I recently tried upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1: got an error message that shut down Boom and refused to let me reopen the application. I dropped an email to Support, and within a few hours got a reply that included a solution. Great product. Great support.

Clifton H. Jolley, Ph.D. Advent Communications

That’s right! Since the Boom v1.1 update, a few of you had an issue with an error message stating “Missing Parts. Bad Landing” appearing and being stuck with either the previous version or an unusable copy of Boom. Well, thanks to the support of those who faced this issue, who helped us in troubleshooting it, we have been able to fix this issue, and the latest build is now available for download here.

With Boom we have kept the design and workflow really simple so that you have no issues in navigating through the app and are able to achieve the desired result in a matter of few clicks. If you are looking to uninstall the app on your system to move it to another system or you are a trial user with an expired copy, we recommend that you use the uninstaller provided within the app, instead of trashing the app or using a third party app to remove it from your system. This way you can ensure a clean uninstall of the app from your system with no traces left behind. These steps are mentioned in the Help section within the app. You can also download a printable copy of the User Manual from here. Or you could follow these steps:

Step 1: Click on the Boom icon in the Menu bar and hit the Options button.

Launch Boom

Step 2: Click on the Settings button and select Preferences.

Select PreferencesStep 3: Hit the Uninstall tab and then select Uninstall Boom.

Hit the Uninstall Tab and then press Uninstall Boom

These steps will ensure that Boom is completely uninstalled from your system.

Boom Volume Booster, a Macworld Best of Show 2011 Winner, the perfect solution to boost the volume on your system beyond the default, is priced at a steal for just USD 8.99! So those who are yet to try it out, grab it soon!

-Vaishnavi

1. Rob
    April 27th, 2011 at 04:00 | #1

Above you state: “the latest build is now available for download here.” with the word “here” being a link to “http://www.globaldelight.com/boom/boom_download.php”. This link does not lead to a newer build than the original v1.1 update that was causing us problems. The date on the disk image at that link is March 31st and the date on the application contained therein is March 22nd. These are the same dates as the problematic update that I downloaded on April 1st.

I went ahead and tried it anyway just to be thorough, and am still experiencing the same problems. Was there another link that you meant to share leading to a true re-release of the v1.1 update? (And might I suggest giving the re-release a new version number just to be clear about the situation?)

2. Marketing Team
    April 28th, 2011 at 14:28 | #2

@Rob

The link has been fixed. Please go ahead and download the new build from the link provided in the post. Regarding your suggestions, we have made a note of it.

3. Mark DiFonzo
    April 29th, 2011 at 10:09 | #3

Incomplete Installation Missing some parts. Bad landing. Please reinstall.

osx 10.6.7

How do I do a fresh install when Boom wont open in the first place to allow uninstall?

Please Help
    -Mark

4. Marketing Team
    April 29th, 2011 at 16:18 | #4

@Mark DiFonzo

When you get that error message, please trash the app from your applications folder and download a new build. The latest build with the fix has been uploaded, so you should not be facing this issue anymore.

5. Rob
    April 30th, 2011 at 03:02 | #5

@Marketing Team
    Thanks! The new link works and I’m up and running with v1.1. (The reduced CPU demands are greatly appreciated, by the way.)

6. karta
    May 12th, 2011 at 19:12 | #6

my macbook air now has no sound.. “incomplete installation”.. when i download the new build, it say installation failed… now i can’t watch youtube etc… no sound..

7. Ed Bishop
    July 9th, 2011 at 02:25 | #7

After being forced to hard restart my Mac, up popped a modal alert box “Missing some parts. Bad landing. Please reinstall.”
    After a Google search, I finally figured out that this message was from Boom (which is otherwise exceptionally excellent idea & implementation).
    I’m still working on reinstalling Boom, and I’m just writing to suggest that you put the application name into your error dialogs so the average user can figure out where to start troubleshooting.

8. bryan kennedy
    August 4th, 2011 at 07:51 | #8

This should be simpler. The uninstall option is far too buried. I’d actually be more likely to have paid for this if the uninstall option wasn’t so hidden.

9. Mark DiFonzo
    August 20th, 2011 at 07:43 | #9

Good Evening!

A message screen appeared informing me of the new version of “Boom!”
    Upon completing the installation, the Boom icon has disappeared from the title bar and I can only find boom in the Activity monitor.

Also, each time I start up my macbook, the installation process for “Boom!” begins again.

When I click “Done” the “Boom!” Icon fails to appear in the title bar.

What shall I do next?… I miss my “Boom”!

-Mark

10. gg
    September 5th, 2011 at 08:51 | #10

*sigh* Just purchased boom. Having this problem. Trashed app. Installed 1.2. Still have the problem. Trashed app. Rebooted. Reinstalled. Still have the problem. Trashed app. Rebooted. Said a prayer. Rubbed buddha’s belly. Still have the problem. SOS. OS X 10.6.8 Build 10K549.

11. December 10th, 2011 at 04:39 | #11

I [tried to] install Boom 1.3, got the “Bad landing. Please reinstall” error, and now, no volume from my MBP speakers, internal or external. There is the Bootup Mac sound on restart, so the speakers work. 10.7 Lion.
    I can’t find any solution to this online except “install the new version”, which I am. Help?

12. December 20th, 2011 at 11:00 | #12

@Bert Pasquale Please ensure that you have absolutely no copies of Boom on your system. Please ‘Uninstall’ the app from your system, you will know that Boom has been completely removed from your system, when you see the System Sound Preferences. Once this is done, please try a fresh download of Boom and then install it.

Also do ensure that your system OS meets the minimum requirement.

13. Patrick Ensslin
    December 21st, 2011 at 20:37 | #13

When I try to start boom, I get the beachball, even after deleting and re-installing.
    This makes it impossible for me to get to the uninstall button.

Please list where boom places its files in my system so i can manually delete them.

14. Vaishnavi
    December 22nd, 2011 at 10:05 | #14

Hi Patrick,

Our Support Team will get in touch with you for the same.

15. Rommel Bengson
    March 12th, 2012 at 21:09 | #15

Hi, I am having problems recording with Snapz Pro x and Camtasia 2. The audio portions of the recordings are missing. How do I fix it or how do I uninstall boom ? I don’t see any icons at the top of the screen on my macbook pro running 10.6.8 to be able to follow your previous link: http://www.globaldelight.com/blog/2011/04/boom-volume-booster-a-tip/

Thanks

16. March 14th, 2012 at 13:47 | #16

@Rommel Bengson Boom shouldn’t affect the sound settings when you record the video. Our support team is in touch with you regarding the same.
    Boom when launched would show up on your Menu Bar. Could you try cleaning up you menu bar if it is crowded? You could move some items and then launch Boom to see if it appears. Alternatively you could check if you are able to see Boom in the Activity monitor or System Sound Preference.

17. patrick
    March 18th, 2012 at 05:02 | #17

OK i trashed the folder from macupdate.com in their bundle sale which includes boom. But boom wont go.im getting boom app is open and cant be moved.What the—!!!!!!!

18. patrick
    March 18th, 2012 at 05:06 | #18

I ask the same question asked in december of last year , because this is doing my head in.
    Patrick Ensslin
    December 21st, 2011 at 20:37 | #13
    Reply | Quote

19. patrick
    March 18th, 2012 at 05:07 | #19

I ask the same question asked in december of last year by some one else , because this is doing my head in.

where does boom places its files in my system so i can manually delete them.

20. March 18th, 2012 at 11:49 | #20

Hi @patrick As mentioned in the blog we don’t recommend you to trash the app since it leaves behind components. Our support team will provide you the necessary steps to address this issue.

21. patrick
    March 18th, 2012 at 16:02 | #21

It is allready trashed- The icon is still on my desktop.Tell me how to get rid of this problem.Its hijacked everythingNo more sound on my computer.

22. March 19th, 2012 at 12:41 | #22

One of our Support Team member is already in touch with you. Do let us know if the steps provided have solved your issue.

23. Robert G
    March 25th, 2012 at 22:22 | #23

I had a similar experience after installing and a couple of days of having no sound. So, I uninstalled using CleanMyMac. Now, When I try to install again, I get a confirmation that it is installed but I cannot find the app anywhere to use it.

Any ideas?

24. March 26th, 2012 at 11:39 | #24

Hi @Robert G When the app is successfully installed, the app icon appears on the Menu Bar as mentioned in the post. Were you able to see it there? If not, please do a Spotlight search on Boom to find where it has been installed. Alternatively, you can use an uninstall script which our Support Team can provide you with to uninstall the app (removes all the components), and re-install it.

25. Robert G
    March 30th, 2012 at 01:32 | #25

@Vaishnavi

After what I described, I tried to locate the app using spotlight and could not find the app. It would be great to get an uninstall script as you have described so I can try again. Thank you very much!

26. Liv
    April 15th, 2012 at 18:06 | #26

@Vaishnavi

Same problem here, please send me the uninstall script too..
    Can’t get in boom atm, therefore i cant uninstall.. maybe put a uninstall script in the installer?

Cheers

27. Surflifes
    June 19th, 2012 at 19:26 | #27

Hi,

I install boom v1.4, , uninstall like you said, and no sound now, app midi no run and crash.
    How i do you recover my sound system ?

28. Boom Support Team
    June 19th, 2012 at 20:14 | #28

@Robert G

@Liv

@Surflifes
    Please write to boom(at)globaldelight(dot)com, they will provide you with the uninstall script to uninstall Boom completely from your system. Also do provide with the details to your issue.

29. TNHybrid
    August 22nd, 2012 at 00:25 | #29

I’m in the same boat. Utterly no sound from my system whatsoever – no matter if I enable Boom, disable it, reboot, etc.

I’m running an older Mac and 10.6.8. Really not happy the audio has been completely removed from my system! Hoping I can restore my sound drivers somehow!

1. No trackbacks yet.